Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Trip to Albany

Last weekend, M and I visited his sister and her family in Albany, New York to meet his new adorable nephew, Everett James Berry. We had an absolutely AMAZING time filled with delicious food, wonderful conversation, and lots of adult beverages. Oh, and there were more than a few parenting lessons thrown in there too. Bottom line, M and I have a LOT to learn.

Example: Charlotte is 2 going on 25. She recently started potty-training. For those who don't know, she is one independent chick. She came down to our room and announced that she needed to use the potty...by herself. She marched into the bathroom, un-did her jammies and diaper, and plopped her little tush on the pot. M and I were sitting on the bed, facing her, waiting and watching like total creepers. Charlotte then announced, "Close Door!" Sounds natural. I get stage fright in public restrooms, and I don't have people staring at me to perform. So we obliged.

From the other side of the closed door, we hear "1, 2, 3 GO Abcdefghijlooooopqrstuvwxyz." By the third alphabet, we can't take it anymore. "Everything in there okay, honey?" And then we try the door knob. It's locked. Parenting FAIL! M starts scanning the key hole to see if we can pick the lock, but apparently there was something jammed into it so that wasn't an option. Then we started scanning the door hinges to see if those could be removed. No go there as well. I start talking to Charlotte to turn the little knob instead of the big knob to unlock the door. After probably the longest 60 seconds of my life, I hear a little click and she comes waltzing out, walks up the stairs and continues playing with her toys. M and I, however, have to change our shorts. Ugh!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.


M playing tea party with his niece and nephew.



Everett contemplating how to take over the world.


Charlotte leads a difficult life but someone's gotta do it.


Charlotte, M and I painted flower pots. This turned out to be more an activity for the adults than it was for the toddler.


Possibly the most perfect picture in oh so many ways. 


Nike's next ad campaign. Is there anything more adorable than mini-sized shoes?! Flippin' adorable!





No comments:

Post a Comment